As of February 1, 2021, the new version of Vertica rockets analytical database technology to the next level. Vertica 10.1 continues to show our commitment to broad, powerful in-database machine learning by including our most requested algorithm – XGBoost. Management Console makes administering Vertica in the cloud even easier. Support for complex data types in Parquet reaches completion in this version. Vertica in Eon Mode gains enhanced robustness of support for Google Cloud, and Vertica launches an Eon Mode beta on Microsoft Azure.
Here are just a few of the highlights of this latest release.
Extending our Machine Learning & Analytics at Scale
- Complex Data Types – Analyze even nested complex data types, and do it with the Vertica-Python client as well.
- New XG Boost algorithm native to Vertica – number one most requested algorithm arrives!
- Recursive WITH to speed complex queries
Vertica in Eon Mode Advancements
- Eon on Azure: Current active customers in beta (The TradeDesk, AT&T). Feedback will lead to full GA expected in Vertica 11.0
- Backup & Restore for Vertica in Eon Mode on GCP
- Automation for epic scale (500+ nodes requested by The TradeDesk) including improved administration tools, node replication, etc. to make epic scaling in the tens of petabytes easy and automated
Enhanced Ease of Administration
- Improvements to Management Console (MC) through new UI workflow
- Ease of deployment on AWS
- Enhanced Security controls
And a lot more. Check out What’s New in the Vertica docs for details.
Or, download the newest free Vertica community edition today!