This blog post was authored by Kathy Taylor.
Designers discussing project in office sample library
New to Vertica? Wondering where to start? Why not start with our new 8.1.1 Community Edition VM? It’s free!
Just download the VM and start it up in a VM player on your PC. Open the User Guide, start the exercises, and off you go! You’ll be querying the database and performing basic management tasks right away.
When you launch the VM, you’ll find everything up and running. No setup required. The VM includes:
• Vertica Community Edition 8.1.1 – A single-node instance of Vertica
• VMart example database – Retail data for online and store sales
• Management Console – The Vertica browser–based management and query tool
• Vertica client tools – Admintools and vsql
• Vertica documentation – The complete Vertica 8.1.1 documentation set
• Vertica Community Edition VM User Guide – Tutorial exercises using Management Console, Admintools, and vsql. The User Guide includes links directly into the documentation to help you find more information as you go along.
For a quick preview, check out the Vertica Community Edition Virtual Machine video
For download and startup instructions, read this one-pager
You’ll find the Vertica Community Edition VM posted on my.vertica.com
. You must be logged in to download the VM.