Managing MC Settings
The MC Settings page allows you to configure properties specific to Management Console. To access the page, go to the Management Console home page. Under MC Tools, click MC Settings. On the MC Settings page, you can control the following settings and more:
MC Configuration Settings
- Change Management Console and agent default port assignments (Configuration tab).
MC Monitoring Settings
- Control the following monitoring settings in Management Console:
- Enable checks and set alert thresholds for spread retransmit rate. This setting is disabled by default. The recommended alert threshold for spread retransmit rate is 10%.
- Set alert thresholds for free Management Console disk space checks. The recommended alert threshold is 500 MB.
- Exclude MC queries from activity charts.
- Set refresh intervals for MC charts and pages.
MC Security and Authentication Settings
To allow Management Console connections only from browsers using TLS 1.2 and higher (Configuration tab).
- Click Disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 connections from browser.
- This setting ensures that Management Console will connect to the Vertica server using a version of TLS no lower than 2.0.
- Upload a new SSL certificate or view the current certificate (SSL Certificates tab).
- Use LDAP for user authentication (Authentication tab).
- Enable and disable username and password auto-complete at Management Console login. (After disabling, clear your browser's cache.) (Configuration tab)
MC User Management Settings
- Create new Management Console users and, with their user credentials, map them to an database managed by Management ConsoleC on the Vertica server. See Creating an MC User and Managing MC Users.
MC Extended Monitoring Settings
- Configure Extended Monitoring, which allows you to monitor more long-term data in Management Console:
Other MC Settings
- View your version of Vertica or upload a new Vertica binary file
- Customize the look and feel of Management Console with themes. See Customizing Look and Feel.
- Configure Management Console to use an alternative data source to monitor your database. See Monitoring External Data Sources in Management Console.
- Enable Management Console to send email alerts. See Set Up Email .
Modifying Database-Specific Settings
To inspect or modify settings related to a database managed by Management Console, go to the Existing Infrastructure page. On this page, select a running database to see its Overview page. From the bottom of the Overview page, click the Settings tab to make modifications to database-specific settings.