After You Upgrade
After you finish upgrading the Vertica server package on your cluster, a number of tasks remain.
- Verify on each node that the upgrade reduced database catalog memory usage.
Reinstall packages such as the R language pack that you uninstalled before upgrading. For each package, see its install/upgrade instructions.
Vertica Place is automatically reinstalled with the Vertica server package.
- If the upgrade was unable to install one or more packages, reinstall them with admintools.
- Upgrade the Management Console.
- If your Vertica installation is integrated with Hadoop, upgrade the HCatalog connector.
- Upgrade client authentication (required only if you upgrade from pre-7.1 versions).
- Convert backups so they are compatible with the new version. Database backups from pre-7.2 versions of Vertica are incompatible with the current version.
- Import directed queries that you exported from the previous version. For details, see Batch Query Plan Export and Exporting Directed Queries from the Catalog.