Running Database Designer Programmatically
Vertica provides a set of meta-functions that enable programmatic access to Database Designer functionality. Run Database Designer programmatically to perform the following tasks:
- Optimize performance on tables that you own.
- Create or update a design without requiring superuser or DBADMIN intervention.
- Add individual queries and tables, or add data to your design, and then rerun Database Designer to update the design based on this new information.
- Customize the design.
- Use recently executed queries to set up your database to run Database Designer automatically on a regular basis.
- Assign each design query a query weight that indicates the importance of that query in creating the design. Assign a higher weight to queries that you run frequently so that Database Designer prioritizes those queries in creating the design.
For more details about Database Designer functions, see Database Designer Function Categories.