Displays whether your database is in compliance with your Vertica license agreement. This information includes the results of Vertica's most recent audit of the database size (if your license has a data allowance as part of its terms), the license term (if your license has an end date), and the number of nodes (if your license has a node limit).
GET_COMPLIANCE_STATUS measures data allowance by TBs (where a TB equals 10244 bytes).
The information displayed by
- The estimated size of the database (see Auditing Database Size in the Administrator's Guide for an explanation of the size estimate).
- The raw data size allowed by your Vertica license.
- The percentage of your allowance that your database is currently using.
- The number of nodes and license limit.
- The date and time of the last audit.
- Whether your database complies with the data allowance terms of your license agreement.
- The end date of your license.
- How many days remain until your license expires.
If your license does not have a data allowance, end date, or node limit, some of the values might not appear in the output for
If the audit shows your license is not in compliance with your data allowance, you should either delete data to bring the size of the database under the licensed amount, or upgrade your license. If your license term has expired, you should contact Vertica immediately to renew your license. See Managing Licenses in the Administrator's Guide for further details.
=> SELECT GET_COMPLIANCE_STATUS(); get_compliance_status -------------------- Raw Data Size: 0.00TB +/- 0.00TB License Size : 10.00TB Utilization : 0% Audit Time : 2015-09-24 12:19:15.425486-04 Compliance Status : The database is in compliance with respect to raw data size. License End Date: 2015-11-23 00:00:00 Days Remaining: 60.53 (1 row)
The following example shows output for a Vertica for SQL on Apache Hadoop cluster.
=> SELECT GET_COMPLIANCE_STATUS(); get_compliance_status -------------------- Node count : 4 License Node limit : 5 No size-compliance concerns for an Unlimited license No expiration date for a Perpetual license (1 row)