Vertica Analytics Platform Version 10.1.x Documentation
Set Up Email
Management Console can generate email alerts about high-priority database thresholds. To receive email alerts, you must first configure your SMTP settings in MC.
You must be an administrator to provide SMTP settings.
To set up MC to send email:
- Select the Email Gateway tab on the MC Settings page.
- Provide the following information about your SMTP server:
- Email Server (Hostname): the hostname or IP of the SMTP server
- Port: the port of the SMTP server
- Session Type: the type of connection to use (e.g. SSL)
- SMTP Username (optional): the username credential for connecting to the server
- SMTP Password (optional): the password credential for connecting to the server
- Sender Address: The sender address for your server when it sends email alerts
- Trust SSL Certificate: Whether to automatically trust the SMTP server's certificate
- Click Test at the top of the page. MC validates your SMTP settings and sends a test email to the inbox of the email alias you provided.
- Verify that you successfully received the test email.
- Click Apply at the top-right of the page to save the settings.
With email settings completed, you can configure MC to send high-priority threshold alerts through email. See Customizing Threshold-Based Notifications.
Was this topic helpful?