Vertica Analytics Platform Version 10.1.x Documentation
Vertica provides functions that allows you to manipulate complex two- and three-dimensional spatial objects. These functions follow the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards. Vertica also provides data types and SQL functions that allow you to specify and store spatial objects in a database according to OGC standards.
Convert Well-Known Text (WKT) and Well-Known Binary (WKB)
Convert WKT and WKB.
Optimized Spatial Joins
Perform fast spatial joins using ST_Intersects and STV_Intersects.
Load and Export Spatial Data From Shapefiles
Easily load and export shapefiles.
Store and Retrieve Objects
- An object contains self-intersection or self-tangency points.
- One object is entirely within another object, such as a point within a polygon.
Test the relationships between objects
For example, if they intersect or touch:
- Identify the boundary of an object.
- Identify vertices of an object.
- Shortest distance between two objects.
- Size of an object (length, area).
- Centroid for one or more objects.
- Buffer around one or more objects.
Was this topic helpful?