The Vertica installer checks the type of operating system that is installed. If the operating system does not meet one of the supported operating systems (See Vertica Server and Vertica Management Console), or the operating system cannot be determined, then the installer halts.
The installer generates one of the following issue identifiers if it detects an unsupported operating system:
- [S0320] - Fedora OS is not supported.
- [S0321] - The version of Red Hat/CentOS is not supported.
- [S0322] - The version of Ubuntu/Debian is not supported.
- [S0323] - The operating system could not be determined. The unknown operating system is not supported because it does not match the list of supported operating systems.
- [S0324] - The version of Red Hat is not supported.