Vertica Analytics Platform Version 9.2.x Documentation
Configure Clients for Kerberos Authentication
Each supported platform has a different security framework. Thus, the steps required to configure and authenticate against Kerberos differ among clients.
On the server side, you construct the Vertica Kerberos service name principal using this format:
For each client, the GSS libraries require the following format for the Vertica service principal:
You can omit the realm portion of the principal because GSS libraries use the realm name of the configured default (
For information about client connection strings, see the following topics in Connecting to Vertica:
- ODBC DSN Parameters
- JDBC Connection Properties
- ADO.NET Connection Properties
- (vsql) Command-Line Options
A few scenarios exist in which theVertica server principal name might not match the host name in the connection string. See Troubleshooting Kerberos Authentication for more information.
In This Section
- Configure ODBC and vsql Clients on Non-Windows Platforms
- Configure ODBC and vsql Clients on Windows and ADO.NET
- Configure JDBC Clients on all Platforms
Was this topic helpful?