Restoring a Database to an Alternate Cluster
Vertica supports restoring a full backup to an alternate cluster.
The process is similar to the process for Restoring a Database from a Full Backup, with the following additional requirements.
The destination database must:
- Be DOWN.
- Share the same name as the source database.
- Have the same number of nodes as the source database.
- Have the same names as the source nodes.
- Use the same catalog directory location as the source database.
- Use the same port numbers as the source database.
- Copy the vbr configuration file that you used to create the backup to any node on the destination cluster.
- If you are using a stored password, copy the password configuration file to the same location as the vbr configuration file.
- From the destination node, issue a vbr restore command, such as:
$ vbr -t restore -c full.ini
- After the restore has completed, start the restored database.