This blog post was authored by Jim Knicely.
is Vertica’s character-based, interactive, front-end utility that lets you type SQL statements and see the results.
If you’ve typed a particularly long query in vsql
then realize that you’d have a typo way back at the beginning of your code (i.e. you wrote SEELECT), instead of holding down the back arrow key to navigate back to your syntax error, you can simply use the shortcut Ctrl + a to quickly return to the beginning of the line!
Here is a list of the vsql
shortcuts I use most often:
• Move to the start of line: Ctrl + a
• Move to the end of line: Ctrl + e
• Move forward a word: Alt + f (a word contains alphabets and digits, no symbols)
• Move backward a word: Alt + b
• Clear the screen: Ctrl + l