With each release of Vertica, you can always count on major enhancements and features to help you address each step of the predictive analytics process with even more analytical functions and end-to-end machine learning capabilities. While Vertica 10.1.1 includes support for the latest version of PMML, 4.4, some useful new analytical functions, and a new machine learning algorithm (Approximate Quantile Sketch), there’s much more to this release.
Vertica 10.1.1 includes the Limited Availability of Vertica in Eon Mode on Microsoft Azure cloud. Some of Vertica’s largest customers have already signed up to test Vertica in Eon Mode functionality on Azure storage.
And, with this release, Vertica officially starts Beta support of containers and Kubernetes — the de facto standard for orchestrating containers with a high degree of scalability and flexibility for containerized applications. The Vertica-tested Docker image is now available on Dockerhub for you to try. Deployment flexibility will always be one of our core architectural principles. And with this support, you now have one more option for cloud-native deployments. Given the popularity of this deployment method and based on our customer requests, we have decided to open source our entire work on container and Kubernetes orchestration!
This version also includes improvements in Complex Data Types support to more seamlessly unify data lake and data warehouse architectures, enhanced security including FIPS 140-2 support, and much more. This is not your typical .1 release, for sure! See below for even more 10.1.1 features.
Limited Availability Vertica in Eon Mode on Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Support for Vertica in Eon Mode on Azure Storage
- Export Parquet to Azure Blob Storage
- External Tables and Copy from Azure Blob Storage
Beta Support of Kubernetes and Containers
Updated PMML and a New ML Algorithm
- PMML 4.4 support
- Approximate Quantile Sketch
- ListAgg function – supports multi-character separators
- ARGMAX/ARGMIN analytical functions added
Current FIPS Support and Improved Voltage Integration
- FIPS 140-2 support
- Voltage and Access Policies enhancements
Broad Array and Compression Support
- Add ORC support for one-dimensional arrays
- Extend primitive one-dimensional array support to JSON
- Improve string_to_array function
- Add GZIP and other compression type support for export to Parquet
- Predicate pushdown into ODBC
- Use of column alias in SELECT clause of more expressions
- Improve commit and snapshot concurrency
- Disable foreign key constraint check during object-level backup and restore