A few years ago, we held a user conference for our growing Vertica community. However, we underestimated its success – selling out the inaugural event because we had booked a venue that couldn’t accommodate the interest of hundreds of customers, prospects, and partners for what turned out to be Boston’s biggest and best Big Data Conference.
Selling out the next Vertica Big Data Conference (BDC) in 2020 will not be possible. Not because we expect fewer attendees. It’s because BDC 2020 will be at the Encore Boston Harbor, a brand-new resort and casino on more than 30 acres of land overlooking the Mystic River, with impressive views of the Boston skyline. But that’s only part of the reason to register now for what will be our best Vertica Big Data Conference ever.
There’s a technology event held seemingly every day in Boston and throughout the world on Big Data, cloud data warehousing, analytics, machine learning, AI, and other technology mega trends. So, what makes the Vertica BDC 2020 so unique?
Having the good fortune of playing a part in planning, supporting, and participating in each of our conferences, here are my top five reasons for why the Vertica BDC 2020 is unique, and the best Big Data analytics and machine learning event of the year:
- The Data Disruptors. Simply put, Vertica customers are disrupting their industries with their Big Data analytic and machine learning initiatives – all based on the data and insight managed and derived from the Vertica Analytics Platform. More than 20 customers have already signed up to share their stories at the BDC, including Ameripride, Cerner, Domo, Mass Mutual, Sony, Uber, and many others. Don’t miss your chance to learn all about these award-winning programs.
- The Vertica Engineers. We have followed one simple rule for each BDC – only Vertica engineers and customers are allowed to present in our breakout sessions. There are no vendor pitches, just content-packed best practices, engineering-led, and customer-led sessions. You can join more than 20 deep-dive sessions on best practices to improve performance and maximize your investment in Vertica. You can listen to and meet the very engineers that build and maintain the core functionality of Vertica.
- The Vertica Partners. Vertica is the core analytical platform to many data pipelines, but we understand that there are many key complementary technologies and partners required for success today and for your future growth. That’s why our Sponsors’ Showcase will be packed, once again, with leading technology partners and system integrators and resellers.
- The Lounge. No, not the cocktail lounge (more on that in a minute). The Developers’ Lounge is where your thorniest problems and challenges get solved by the Vertica Customer Success experts. Also, it’s a great opportunity to engage in a wide range of topics – from performance to data management to security to data loading and much more. This lounge is always humming with attendees getting answers to their toughest questions and learning more about Vertica.
- The Featured Keynote Speakers and Fun. We have had some great keynote speakers over the years – who remembers Oakland A’s General Manager Billy Beane? The BDC 2020 will be no exception with Jeffrey Ma of the famous MIT blackjack team, Constellation Research’s R “Ray” Wang, and, of course, Turing Award Winner and Vertica founder, Michael Stonebraker. There will be plenty of special announcements and featured customers and partners joining our keynote speakers on the main stage, too. But, according to our post-conference surveys – attendees get the most out of meeting with their peers and exchanging stories and best practices. We have special evening events planned with plenty of opportunity to wind down and catch up with your peers over drinks and dinner. And, if you’re inclined, try your luck in the casino.
The tagline to the BDC 2020 is Win Big with Data. But, as they say, you can’t win if you don’t play. So register before December 20th to take advantage of early-bird pricing of $699. The registration price increases to $999 after that time. And, yes, we have discounted hotel rooms.
See you at the show!
Vertica Big Data Conference 2020 – Are You Excited Yet?
Vertica Big Data Conference Registration is Open!