What a week of industry recognition for Vertica. Today, Vertica announced that it was named to the Constellation ShortList™ for Hybrid-Cloud and Multicloud Analytical Relational Database Management Systems in Q1 2021.
What is the Constellation ShortList?
According to Constellation Research, the ShortList focuses on RDBMSs that can deliver the ultimate in analytical query performance even in deployments scaling into the hundreds of terabytes. These products also support high concurrency in terms of number of queries and numbers of users. Finally, these products also handle advanced SQL and data science workloads, including machine learning, through extended support for algorithms expressed in non-SQL languages, such as Python and R.
Vertica Checks All the Boxes
Constellation evaluated more than 20 vendors and ultimately placed Vertica among four leading vendors that met the following criteria:
- Delivers the ultimate in query performance, even in high-scale deployments scaling into the hundreds of terabytes
- Supports high concurrency in terms of numbers of queries and numbers or users with advanced query optimization and workload management features
- Offers advanced SQL functionality and extended support for data-science workloads expressed in languages including Python and R
- Is available as software for on-premises or hybrid-cloud deployment and available as a cloud service on multiple major public clouds
- Supports its own cloud service, offering service guarantees, and a single source for support
Constellation Research updates its ShortList each year, so visit Constellation Research to read the full list of research and reports. And if you are looking for a detailed review of Vertica, check out why Constellation Research finds Vertica 10 to be a leading choice.