The Analytics Platform
The Vertica Analytics Platform was purposely built from the ground up to enable companies to extract value from their data at the speed and scale they need to thrive in today’s economy. Unlike most other data warehouse vendors that are attempting to retrofit 21st century technology into their decades old infrastructure, Vertica was designed and built since its inception for today’s most demanding analytic workloads. Furthermore, each Vertica component is able to take full-advantage of the others by design.
Key Features of the Vertica Analytics Platform
- Real-Time Query & Loading »Capture the time value of data by continuously loading information, while simultaneously allowing immediate access for rich analytics.
- Advanced In-Database Analytics »Ever growing library of features and functions to explore and process more data closer to the CPU cores without the need to extract.
- Database Designer & Administration Tools »Powerful setup, tuning and control with minimal administration effort. Can make continual improvements while the system remains online.
- Columnar Storage & Execution »Perform queries 50x-1000x faster by eliminating costly disk I/O without the hassle and overhead of indexes and materialized views.
- Aggressive Data Compression »Accomplish more with less CAPX, while delivering superior performance with our engine that operates on compressed data.
- Scale-Out MPP Architecture »Vertica automatically scales linearly and limitlessly by just adding industry-standard x86 servers to the grid. . . . .
- Automatic High Availability »Runs non-stop with automatic redundancy, failover and recovery optimized to deliver superior query performance as well. . . . .
- Optimizer, Execution Engine & Workload Management »Get maximum performance without worrying about the details of how it gets done. Users just think about questions, we deliver answers, fast.
- Native BI, ETL, & Hadoop/MapReduce Integration »Seamless integration with a robust and ever growing ecosystem of analytics solutions.