The world’s financial markets and financial services companies generate and store petabytes of data on a daily basis. Their sheer number of applications, data elements, and regulatory requirements creates the “perfect storm” of information management. The culmination of these attributes and the fiercely competitive and time critical nature of the markets results in an analytic opportunity only few can address.
The Vertica Analytics Platform enables the financial services ecosystem to analyze and make informed decisions in near real time with unparalleled efficiency, performance, and scalability. Our customers and partners routinely address the following challenges:
- Dynamic markets, fluctuating asset valuations, and abundance of untapped resources
- An incomprehensible volume of available data which encumbers analysis
- Compliance restrictions and permutations of data models
- Asset backed security performance – delinquency history and cumulative default behavior
- Time series analysis on a particular ticker, option, asset, etc.
- The creation of comprehensive dashboards for trading partners – both internal and external
- Market simulations and trade efficacy
Leveraging the Vertica Analytics Platform our financial services customers and partners derive benefits relating to capacity management, performance, scalability, and availability. A few examples include:
- Comprehensive analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data – analyzing data that was previously unavailable to the analytics infrastructure
- Distilling information into relevant instantiations based upon applications and requirements
- Market simulations, efficacy, and legislative adherence within a single platform
- Predictive insight into customer and market trends
- Dramatically increased asset performance and value
- Virtually limitless portfolio simulations and valuation models