Web Based Training
Welcome to Vertica’s online training site. Members of the Vertica Community have free access to our growing collection of web-based training content. Content is organized into multiple modules to enable you to access and view the content that is of interest to you.
- Introduction to eLearning Colin Mahony, HP Vertica General Manager, welcomes you to the Vertica eLearning program. Please provide your feedback here.
- The Building Blocks of Vertica: Learn about the physical architecure of a Vertica cluster, and the six foundation elements of Vertica that make it a unique and powerful platform.
Installation and Setup
- Installing Vertica and the Management Console: Installing Vertica and the Management Console: Learn how to unpack and install the Vertica Analytics platform and the Management Console tool. Please provide your feedback here
- Creating a Database: Learn how to create a new database using both the admintools interface and the Management Console tool, and how to create a schema into a database using vsql.
- Loading Data: Learn how Vertica’s Hybrid Storage Architecture is used to speed the loading of data, how to monitor a data load in process, and how to troubleshoot data loading issues.
Vertica Storage Architecture
- Introduction to Projections: Receive an overview of the Vertica storage architecture and how to create the key elements within that architecture to contain data. Please provide your feedback here
- Query Execution: Learn how queries are managed by Vertica’s distributed database, using the least resource-intensive method to execute them quickly and efficiently.
Please visit this section frequently for new course content as we continue to leverage your suggestions for new modules.
Looking for more? Attend a Live Training course.