As a System Engineer, your job will include technical pre-sales support with sales/product presentations, positioning and driving proof of concept evaluations. You will also have the ability to help shape the direction of the product through your customer interactions working with product management, engineering and other teams in the organization in a dynamic startup-like environment.
- Sales and technical product presentations and positioning to customers.
- Understanding and articulating technical problems addressed by the product including business drivers and competitive differentiators.
- Product demonstrations, installations and feature walkthroughs.
- Driving proof of concepts as part of the sales cycle.
- Providing new feature and product gap feedback to Product Management and Engineering.
- Understanding and articulating product roadmap, current product features, application use cases, and best practices.
- Performing scalability, high availability, migration and consolidation services.
- 5+ years of pre-sales experience.
- In-depth knowledge of database systems and concepts.
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications on a RDBMS system.
- Strong SQL, programming skills.
- Experience using Linux.
- Scripting skills (Perl, Python, shell).
- The ability to work well with aggressive deadlines and minimal supervision.
- The ability to communicate technical scenarios at both a high-level and a detailed level.
- Experience with ETL, reporting and monitoring tools is a plus.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes from candidates only. No recruiters please. Principles only – no recruiters please.