With HP Vertica, Kansys expands service offerings and opens development cycles for accelerated product development.
- Kansys is a leading provider of SaaS and Big Data as a Service (BDaaS) analysis for Communications Service Providers (CSPs).
- Kansys aligns, manages, optimizes and reports on huge volumes of data from disparate sources for its clients, providing a unique depth of knowledge across the areas that matter most to CSPs – business process optimization, complex data mediation, revenue assurance, fraud detection and analysis, billing system optimization, service activation enhancements, customer analytics and KPI reporting.
- The highly competitive CSP industry is marked by significant customer churn and fast-paced introduction of new offers to keep customers on board. It is also known for some of the largest amounts data collection of any industry.
- Kansys currently loads and analyzes over 10TB of usage data in the HP Vertica Analytics Platform, with customer demand increasing rapidly. Their business depends on the delivery of fast query results against big data blocks and with HP Vertica they have a solution that delivers massive scalability and near real-time performance in a cost-effective manner.
- Load significantly larger volumes of data while simultaneously completing queries in a fraction of the time
- A previous query that took 18 hours to run in their legacy database now finishes in 10-15 seconds
- Queries can now be run against multiple months of data in a fraction of the time without daily/monthly aggregation processes, therefore providing deeper insights and quicker time to answers
- Allowed Kansys to introduce new web-based query services for clients, providing self-service analysis and reducing customer support calls
- Significant cost savings by taking advantage of the HP Vertica Analytics Platform’s massively parallel processing architecture and columnar storage model on HP servers
In their own words
“Balancing the need to analyze terabytes of data to make good decisions and doing it fast enough to matter is a significant challenge for our clients. Vertica allows us to quickly deliver critical answers, thereby allowing us to place greater priority into developing new products for our clients.”
-Tom Wisnasky, CIO, Kansys
- HP Vertica Analytics Platform
- HP ProLiant DL380 servers
Kansys recently participated in a Forrester study commissioned by HP that examined the total economic impact and potential return on investment enterprises may realize by implementing the HP Vertica Analytics Platform. The composite company representing Kansys and three other participants showed a potential payback period of only 1.5 months. HP hosted a webcast featuring Kansys and Forrester on June 25, 2013.
Big Data conference August 5-7
HP Vertica hosts its annual Big Data conference in Boston this year, with both business and technical tracks. Attendees will learn how Big Data analytics will empower leaders to make datadriven decisions quickly. Speakers, sponsors and attendees all teach as much as they learn, and everyone will be driven to explore news ways to optimize their data.