At HP Vertica, we deal with interesting problems in distributed systems, fault tolerance, optimization, and machine learning. We control the whole engine. Our customers such as Facebook, Zynga put in any data and ask whatever questions they want; it’s our job to make that easy and fast. It’s a practical twist around some tough theoretical problems.
We’re also in the unique position of being able to operate like a startup, while also leveraging big-company resources. We’re part of HP, but we operate as an independent unit. Think of us as a start-up that has maintained that small-company atmosphere and hunger to achieve, while also enjoying the perks and backing of a large, stable company.
We are seeking skilled candidates in the following functions
Why should you choose HP Vertica?
- We speak your language and work with the latest technologies (Massively Parallel Distributed Systems, SQL, Hadoop and Machine Learning.)
- We are rapidly growing.
- We are the best of both worlds: we have a startup feel but have the resources, support, and benefits that come from being part of HP Software which is a globally recognized company.
- We encourage our employees to try new things and not to be afraid to fail. Apply the knowledge that was attained from your failures and aim to succeed. Most importantly, never give up!
- We hire the best and brightest. (Many of our engineers have received patents for their work or it has directly impacted a client in an immensely positive way).
- We are diverse, collaborative, innovative, and inventive. Who doesn’t want to be part of a winning team?
Perks of being a data nerd at Vertica
Your workplace is your second home. See what we have to offer to get you through the workday.
- Work with cutting-edge technologies
- Maintain a work/life balance
- Enjoy full benefits
- Take on coworkers’ in a game of ping pong
- Tap into the stocked beverages
- Team with phenomenal coworkers
- Fitness Center (treadmills, ellipticals, spin bikes, kettle bells, free weights, Cybex machines)
- Table Hockey
- Fancy Crown Coffee Machine
- Bocce court
- In ground fire pit
- 2 minute walk from the Alewife T Stop
- Free Parking
- Bike Storage
- Walking distance to Bertucci’s, Crab Shack, and Wholefoods
Meet the Team
Say hello to some of the HP Vertica Team
Learn more with us.
HP Vertica hires summer interns every year. We are looking for those students who are passionate about gaining experience within the Big Data field and aren’t afraid to admit they are a nerd or “brogrammer.” We after all, are an equal opportunity employer. All of our internships are paid and allow students to work closely with industry leaders while being a part of a cross functional team. All of the internship projects align with the students’ academic interests. Our interns have a blast while they continue to develop their professional/ technical skills. Did we mention that many of the students that participate in the program are either asked back or converted to a fulltime employee upon graduation? Now that’s pretty rad, especially in a slowly upturning economy.
To be eligible:
- You must be currently enrolled in a college / university. (Min 12 credits).
- Meet the qualifications of the position.
- Successfully complete the interview process.
- Internships last a minimum of 12 weeks and can be extended on the discretion of management based on business needs.
What HP Vertica Interns do?
Gaining real world experience at an internship while you pursue your degree is vital for you to JUMP START your career in BIG Data. Check out what our interns did this summer.
Come visit us at a recruiting event
Though recruiters (talent acquisition consultants) don’t always have the best reputation; here at HP Vertica we guarantee a pleasurable experience. Our talent acquisition consultants evaluate your credentials to make your career ambitions a reality. We hire the best and brightest. Our product, culture, and employees speak for themselves; so we don’t need to blow smoke or spin BS.
For those applicants currently attending a college or university. We might be coming to your campus. We pride ourselves on our close relationships with the universities through research, projects and tech talks.
Visit our booth. Speak with an engineer. Get to know us, as we get to know you. Most importantly fill up on HP Vertica swag. We hope to see you there!
Social Impact @ Vertica
How we give back
- Employees can use up to 4 hours a month of paid time for volunteering.
- HP matches employees’ donations to eligible nonprofit organizations dollar for dollar, up to $1,000 per employee.
- All disaster relief donations will be matched 100%, up to $1000 per employee with a pre-determined overall disaster campaign limit.
- Make it Matter to a Million- Kiva Loan for entrepreneurs
- HP has given each employee 25 dollars credit to loan to a small business owner.